Monday 8 June 2009

Home sweet home

Things I love about our new house;
  • it has a proper grown-up study. Or at least it will have when I get around to finding a desk and bookshelves to put in it.
  • it has beautiful high ceilings that make the house feel spacious and make me feel like I can b-r-e-a-t-h-e
  • the guest bedroom is as far away from the main bedroom as it can be without being an outbuilding. If you've ever had guests stay for an extended period of time, you'll know just how good a feature this is.
  • lastly, and most beautifully, the morning light throws out this pattern from the glass by the front door;



so SlightlyEvilLandlord; thank you for evicting us. We love our new house for all the reasons I've listed but mostly because it feels like a home. And that is the hardest thing to find when you're renting.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds lovely. So glad you found a house that feels like home, I know exactly what you mean having rented about 8 houses in as many years. This is the first one I've lived in that feels properly like home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I feel very lucky to feel so cosy in my new nest. Now that I have a few picture hooks I'm hoping to put in an order at Peonies' shop soon!

    ReplyDelete