Saturday 9 January 2010

On family

I have the most beautiful, generous and kind grandmother. The top of her head barely reaches my shoulders and yet it wouldn't surprise me if someone told me she could move mountains.

At my wedding she gave me a little kiss and told me I was magnifique.  Praise indeed.

She's raised four sons, seen grandchildren and even great-grandchildren. Her talents are numerous. She could outcook the shoutiest and starriest of chefs and tell them off for being so rude at the same time.

Now she lies in silence and we wait. I hope I get the chance to see her just one last time to tell her she is loved, she is magnifique.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. N and I are thinking of you and your family and your truly magnifique Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so beautiful... my Nana was tiny too but she was definitely a mountain-mover.

    ReplyDelete